Register now for our December 8th conference, "Across the Spectrum: The Future of Ohio and the Path to Prosperity" taking place at the Columbus Renaissance Hotel. To register, please go to http://www.futureohio.org/register.php. Greater Ohio, along with the Buckeye Institute and the Center for Community Solutions, are jointly sponsoring this unique conference to promote bi-partisan dialogue and debate about a range of critical issues for our state, including:
- Transforming 21st Century Government for sustainable growth—governance reform for our urban and metro regions
- Reforming Health Care—how can we improve coverage and outcomes while restraining costs
- Reexamining Government Pensions— balancing the public and employee interests
- Restructuring State & Local Taxes & Ohio’s Future Prosperity—reduce the tax burden, while ensuring essential service delivery
- Ohio’s Constitutional Review—are there fundamental changes we need to make in the state Constitution that underlie many of these proposed structural changes?
Dr. Arthur Laffer, Founder of The Laffer Center for Supply-Side Economics, and Dr. Alice Rivlin, former Director of Office of Management and Budget under President Bill Clinton, will keynote a lunchtime discussion on the national debt and deficits. During dinner, Professor Walter Russell Mead, Editor-at-Large of The American Interest will give a keynote address on the country’s future course.
The panels comprise a variety of ideological viewpoints and will engage in a healthy exchange of ideas. This conference challenges individuals and organizations to think out of their intellectual and ideological silos and work collaboratively to jumpstart a new economy in Ohio.
For more information about the event, please see our September 26, 2011 Press Release.
We look forward to seeing you on December 8thand to your participation in this dialogue. Warm Regards, Lavea Brachman Executive Director, Greater Ohio Policy Center