On July 4th, GOPC Executive Director Lavea Brachman presented to La Fabrique de la Cité’s international conference, “Tools for Optimizing the City,” in Lisbon, Portugal. Her presentation, titled "Transforming Legacy Cities for the Next Economy," can be viewed right here:
Her slides from the presentation are available here:
- Use economic growth to increase community and resident well-being
- Build stronger local governance and partnerships
- Increase the ties between cities and their regions
- Make change happen through strategic incrementalism
- Consider a special paradigm for smaller/medium-sized cities
For more information about Lavea's trip to Portugal and what she learned while she was there, click here to read her blog post, "Presenting & Learning Tools for Optimizing Cities in Portugal."