The Greater Ohio Policy Center will be championing the revitalization of Ohio’s communities and metros at a number of conferences this fall including:
- The Summit on Sustainability, presented by the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission. (October 2, Columbus). GOPC will be a panelist discussing proposed and potential state policies that support sustainability in Ohio.
- Heritage Ohio Annual Revitalization and Preservation Conference (October 5-7, Columbus). GOPC will be moderating a panel on strategies to motivate redevelopment and beautification in historic downtowns.
- Roundtable on Leveraging Assets in Small and Medium sized Legacy Cities, presented by Center for Community Progress (October 8-9, Flint, MI). GOPC will discuss factors that have supported small and medium sized legacy cities in regenerating and flourishing.
- Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference (October 27-27, Columbus). GOPC will be a contributor to a panel on the recent Transit Needs study and what it means for Ohio’s communities.
- Annual Meeting of Municipal Finance Officers Association of Ohio, presented by the Ohio Municipal League (October 29-30, Dublin). GOPC will discuss Ohio’s changing demographics and their impact on Ohio’s cities.
- Ohio Housing Conference, presented by Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing and the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (December 1-3, 2015)