Governance Reform: Streamline and reduce costs so core communities marshal their resources to compete on a national and global scale. This is the fifth section of the Cleveland Policy Platform
- Align administrative districts, as among ODOT, ODOD, OBOR, and ODJFS, and ensure inter-departmental coordination for overlapping areas
Regional Collaboration and Governance Reform
- Encourage permissive regional governance or collaborative structures and revenue-sharing models
- Provide seed dollars to catalyze the creation of new regional organizations with diverse public and private representation
- Northeast Ohio’s Fund for Our Economic Future, a regional collaboration of individuals and philanthropic organizations that have united to strengthen the area’s competitiveness, focuses on: economic growth and attraction; workforce development; inclusionary growth structures; and government collaboration and efficiency.
- Reward counties and regions that adopt innovative reforms, such as multi-jurisdictional planning, or undertake strategies aimed at improving government efficiency and regional competitiveness, such as regional municipal revenue sharing or marketing strategy.
- Northeast Mayors and City Managers Association’s Regional Prosperity Initiative is examining various approaches to regional collaboration, planning and governance that would result in cost savings and efficiencies.
Please share your comments!