Deadline for Letters of Interest: November 14, 2014
Restoring Neighborhoods, Strengthening Economies: A Summit on Innovation and Sustainable Growth in Ohio's Cities & Regions, a Summit hosted by the Greater Ohio Policy Center on June 9-10 of 2015 at the Westin Columbus, will explore the links between neighborhood revitalization and regional growth that make economically Ohio competitive in the 21st century.
GOPC welcomes champions of sustainable development from across Ohio to participate in this Summit, creating a dialogue around both policy and practice that will set an agenda for innovation, sustainable growth, and economic prosperity in Ohio.
We invite Letters of Interest describing panels that address the role of innovation and sustainable development in city and regional revitalization and economic growth in Ohio, such as:
- approaches to generating and supporting innovation economies in Ohio’s cities
- strategies for metropolitan and regional sustainable development and economic growth
- practices for vacant and abandoned property reuse and community revitalization
- financial tools for infrastructure improvement
- options and financing for advancing multimodal transportation
- financial tools and partners for strengthening neighborhoods and downtowns
- case studies of ways to address environmental and equitable development issues
- innovative governance tools that advance sustainable development and economic growth
- new cross-sector community and regional solutions for revitalization
Summit sessions will address a wide range of topics essential to sustainable development and economic growth in Ohio, appealing to an audience that includes civic, business, philanthropic, non-profit and political leaders, including bankers, developers, and practitioners. The Summit will highlight cutting-edge strategies and practices, new tools, effective partnerships and policy solutions that are laying the foundation for building sustainable, prosperous, innovative communities and regions in Ohio and beyond.
Format and Process for Letters of Interest
Letters of Interest (up to 500 words) should describe the panel concept and how it will contribute to the Summit. Please include a list of proposed speakers and be prepared to confirm their participation upon panel acceptance.
GOPC will work with selected participants to finalize panel topics and speakers. GOPC will notify all individuals who submit a Letter of Interest with a decision by January 2015.
Please direct any questions about the Summit or this process to email@example.com. Letters of Interest should be submitted to the same address by November 14, 2014.
About Greater Ohio Policy Center
Greater Ohio Policy Center (GOPC), a non-profit, non-partisan organization based in Columbus and operating statewide, develops and advances policies and practices that value our urban cores and metropolitan regions as economic drivers and preserve Ohio’s open space and farmland. Through education, research, and outreach, GOPC strives to create a political and policy climate receptive to new economic and governmental structures that advance sustainable development and economic growth.